The 7th DEVS Modeling and Simulation Ph.D. Dissertation Award has been created in order to recognize and reward the best Ph.D. Thesis related to the DEVS Modeling and Simulation formalism.
The objective of the award is to promote all aspects of the DEVS formalism, to encourage the application of fundamental research to applied work in industry, and the work done both in larger research centers and in smaller laboratories. The purpose of this award is to stimulate and motivate young scientists by rewarding them, and to inform the DEVS community with excellent research.
A panel of academics and researchers will select one of the theses defended during the academic year to receive this award. The criteria considered by the jury to select the winners include the originality of the results, the originality of the field and the methods used, and the importance and impact of results.
The theses should be in English. If they’re in a different language, the author should submit a 10-pages summary of the thesis and any related papers published (in English) to make easier the judging of the ideas by people in different parts of the world.
The theses must to have been defended between September 2016 and December 2017.
The awards ceremony will take place during the Symposium On Theory of Modeling and Simulation (formerly known as the DEVS Integrative M&S Symposium), TMS’18.
- Bernard P. Zeigler (Honorary Chair and Founder), University of Arizona, US
- Claudia Frydman (Co-Chair and Founder), Aix Marseille University, France
- Samuel Toma (Co-Chair and DEVS PhD Awardee), Université de Corse, France
- Fernando Barros, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Federico Bergero, CIFASIS- CONICET, Argentine
- Rodrigo Castro (DEVS PhD Awardee), University of Buenos Aires, Argentin
- Phil Hammonds (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), Northrop Grumman, USA
- Moonho Hwang (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), DS Delmia Corp, USA
- Diego Hollmann (DEVS PhD Awardee), CIFASIS – CONICET, Argentina
- Ernesto Kofman, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Qi (Jacky) Liu (DEVS PhD Awardee), GE Global Research Center, Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Alexandre Muzy (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), Université de Corse, France
- Hessam Sarjoughian (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), Arizona State University, USA
- Mamadou Seck, Old Dominion University, USA
- Mamadou K. Traoré (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Lin Uhrmacher, Universität Rostock, Germany
- Hans Vangheluwe, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Gabriel A. Wainer (B.P. Zeigler Awardee), Carleton University, Canada
- Aznam Yacoub (DEVS PhD Awardee), Aix Marseille Université, France
December 15th 2017. January 30th, 2018